An email is a powerful tool for insurance agents. It can build relationships with current clients, increase sales, and keep existing customers informed about their policies.
There are a few best practices to keep in mind when emailing insurance customers.
Once you understand this, you can use email templates to streamline your emailing process. This will ensure that you deliver consistent, quality content to your clients that build better relationships.
When selling your insurance services, it’s important to make email a central part of your marketing strategy. This can include emailing updates on policy coverage, offering promotional discounts, or simply staying in touch with clients over the course of their insurance relationship.
Some tips for creating effective email templates include using clear and concise language, focusing on benefits rather than features, and having actionable call-to-action.
Including a mix of email and content will keep your recipients engaged and help you close more sales. Remember to test different template types to see what works best for your audience.
Some basic email templates to include:
- Welcome emails are a great way to introduce yourself and your services to new customers. Be sure to include information about how often you will be emailing them and any specific goals or objectives you have for your relationship.
- Policy updates: These can be sent regularly to provide clients with information about their insurance policies, such as changes to premium costs or coverage details.
- Newsletters and email campaigns: These are an excellent way to engage customers and keep them updated on what is happening with your company. In addition, email campaigns can promote new products or services.
- Announcements and reminders: Use email to announce special events, such as open enrollment periods or changes to your office hours. You can also use email to remind clients about upcoming payments or policy renewals.
The insurance business can feel like a tough nut to crack.
Be sure to follow best practices and use email templates to streamline your process. This way, you can focus on what’s important: delivering quality content that builds better relationships.
Why insurance email marketing should be in your plans
Whether you are a new or experienced insurance agent, email can be a powerful tool for engaging your clients and growing your business.
With the proper email templates and best practices, you can build strong relationships with your customers and achieve greater success in the insurance industry.
Email templates for life insurance agents
Welcome Email Template
Welcome to Doe Insurance! We’re excited to have you as a customer, and we’re looking forward to helping you protect your family.
As your insurance agent, I’ll be emailing you regularly with updates about your policy, changes to premium costs, and other important information. I’ll also be available to answer any questions you have about your coverage.
Thanks for choosing Doe Insurance, and I’m looking forward to working with you.
Policy Update Email Template
I wanted to drop you a quick policy update email letting you know that your Doe Insurance policy has been updated.
Starting next month, your premium will be $5 cheaper per month. Additionally, we’ve added a new benefit to the policy. If you are hospitalized for more than seven days, we will cover up to $100 of your daily expenses.
If, at any time, you have questions about your policy or coverage, please feel free to reach out to me. I’m always happy to help!
Newsletter Email Template
Welcome to the latest edition of the Doe Insurance Newsletter. In this issue, we cover some of the most important insurance trends to watch out for in 2018, including changes to policy fees and coverage provisions.
We hope you find this newsletter informative and helpful. We look forward to staying in touch with you about your insurance needs throughout the year.
Announcement Email Template
I am emailing to announce the launch of our new life insurance product, Doe Optima. Doe Optima is designed to provide comprehensive coverage at an affordable price. We are confident that it will be a valuable tool in protecting your family’s financial future.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Doe Optima or any of our other insurance products. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Reminder Email Template
I just wanted to send you a quick email to remind you that your Doe Insurance policy is due for renewal next month.
If you have any questions about your coverage or need help with the renewal process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’m always happy to help!
How to create effective insurance email campaigns
You have a better opportunity to nurture potential customers and turn them into a client. You can gather contact details in several ways:
- On your website: Ask website visitors for their contact details to receive updates or get more information.
- Landing pages: You can create a specific landing page for email signups.
- Social media: Use social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to drive traffic to your email signup forms.
- In-person: If you have a physical location, you can gather email addresses from people who visit your office.
- Events: If you sponsor or attend events, you can collect email addresses from people interested in learning more about your company.
- Referrals: You can ask current customers or clients to refer their friends and family to your email.
Your subject line
Your subject line is one of the most critical components of your email campaign. It will determine whether or not your email gets opened.
Here are five ways to make click-worthy subject lines:
- Use numbers and statistics
- Use curiosity inducing words
- Keep it short and sweet
- Use trigger words
- Personalize your email subject line
As you know, trust is a significant factor in getting customers to get new or update their life insurance policy. So email personalization is vital when emailing your customers.
You can personalize your emails in many ways, including:
- Add the customer’s name in the subject line or email body
- Use their location
- Mention something about their previous interactions with your company
- Personalize the email content to match their specific needs and interests
Email content that provides value
After you get a new subscriber to open your email, the next step is to provide value.
If you get this wrong, it’s unlikely that they will ever open any other emails you send.
Your email content should be clear, concise, and persuasive. Be sure to include:
- A strong headline that grabs attention
- An interesting story or statistic
- A call-to-action that is clear and easy to follow
- A sense of urgency
- A guarantee or some other form of assurance
Including a CTA button
Your email should have a clear call-to-action (CTA) that encourages subscribers to take the next step.
Your CTA could be something like:
- “Get a free quote.”
- “Learn more about our products.”
- “See how much you could save”
- “Get started today.”
Email design and branding
The email design should be clean and straightforward to make the email easy to read and digest.
Include your branding in the email header, and ensure that the email colors match your brand colors.
Be sure to proofread your email before sending it out to avoid embarrassing mistakes.
As a life insurance agent, one of the best email marketing tactics you can use is to follow up with your email subscribers.
You can do this by emailing them periodically or sending them a survey to see how they are using their insurance policy and if there is anything that they need help with.
If you notice that someone hasn’t opened any of your emails in a while, you can send them a “re-engagement” email in an attempt to get them back on track.
Your insurance agency should regularly monitor its email campaigns and evaluate them to assess their effectiveness.
Key metrics to measure include email open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and customer satisfaction ratings.
You can also use A/B testing or email marketing software tools to optimize your email campaigns and get even better results. With the right email marketing strategy, you can help more health insurance customers get the coverage they need and grow your business.
FAQ for Life Insurance emails
How do you sell insurance through email?
Keep these tips in mind when preparing for your campaign. First, keep your message concise and captivating. When selling your life insurance policies through email, you’ll need to immediately capture your prospects’ attention.
Write a strong subject line and include a compelling offer or benefit in the email body copy. Use images sparingly to avoid cluttered email designs. And finally, don’t forget to include a call-to-action (CTA) that encourages recipients to learn more about your products.
How do I cold email my insurance company?
How do you email a warm lead?
When you have a warm lead, your goal is to continue nurturing and being as helpful as possible. Approaching a warm lead the wrong way can turn the cold and slow new business.
Insurance agencies can email a warm lead by sending:
- A competitive quote or free trial of your product or service.
- Informative email content relevant to their needs, such as blog posts, customer stories, white papers, etc.
- A follow-up email after an initial meeting or phone call with the lead, reiterating the value they could get from working with your agency.
- A reminder email about an upcoming policy renewal date or an expiration date on a current policy.
- A survey email to get feedback about the lead’s experience with your agency and what could be improved.